The given Ukraine location map shows that Ukraine is located in the eastern part of Europe. Ukraine map also shows that it shares its international boundaries with Russian Federation in the east and north-east, Belarus in the north-west, Poland, Slovakia and Hungary in the west, Romania and Moldova in the south-west. Besides, Black Sea lies in the south of the country. The climate type of Ukraine is mainly temperate continental climate.
Table of Content
Where is Ukraine Located in World Map
Most Viewd Maps
Where is Ukraine Located?
Ukraine is located in eastern Europe. Ukraine is bordered by the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov to the south, Russia to the east and north, Poland, Slovakia, and Hungary to the west, Belarus to the north, and Romania and Moldova to the south. It is the second-largest European country, after Russia and largest country in Eastern Europe. It covers an area of 233,062 sq mi (603,628 sq km), with a population of 41.2 million (2022 estimate), and the 8th most populous country in Europe.
Ukraine has very long political history; however, finally, it got its independence in the year 1991 i.e. after the dissolution of USSR. The capital city of Ukraine is Kiev. The government type of Ukraine is a republic under a mixed semi-parliamentary semi-presidential system. However, the legislative, the executive, and the judicial all are separate branches. Under this political system, the head of state is the President who is elected by popular vote for a five-year term.
Moreover, the economy of the country is perceptibly growing economy. The national policies are gradually adopting the free-market economy. The country has quite developed industries; however, for energy resources, Ukraine remains dependent upon Russia. Ukraine is one of NATO’s enhanced opportunity partners.
Ukraine Country Profile
Ukraine is one of the Eastern Europe countries and second biggest country in terms of arena in Europe. Ukraine is bordered by 7 European Nations; Russia to the east and northeast, Belarus in the north, Poland, Slovakia and Hungary in the west and Romania and Moldova are located south of Ukraine. The country has a total area of 233,062 Square miles. The capital city of Ukraine is Kyiv, which is the biggest city in the country. The population is Ukraine according to Worldometer elaboration of the latest United Nation data, 43,300,966.
Geography of Ukraine
Ukraine is in fact the second biggest nation after Russia which lies between latitudes 44 and 53 N, and longitudes 22 and 41 E. Geography of Ukraine is unique in its nature as it has diverse geographic features. Ukraine has highlands as well as lowlands. It consists of fertile plains and plateaus. The Carpathian Mountains are only the mountains that one can locate in Ukraine, which are located in Crimea. Major rivers include the Desna, Dnieper, Dniester, Donets and the Southern Bug. The natural resources of Ukraine include iron, ore, manganese, coal, oil, natural gas, nickel, titanium, sulphur, mercury, graphite, timber and Kaolin. The country is blessed with an abundance of arable land. One of the resources of the country, which makes most of the regions fertile, is black soil.
Capital of Ukraine
The capital city of Ukraine is Kyiv. It is located in north-central Ukraine along the Dnieper River.
Ukraine Facts & Information
|Where is Located||Ukraine is a country located in the Eastern Europe.|
|Neighboring Countries||Belarus, Hungary, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia|
|Administrative Divisions||24 provinces|
|Area||233,062 sq mi (603,628 km2) (45th)|
|Coastline||2,782 km (1,729 mi)|
|Borders||4,558 km2 (1,760 sq mi)|
|Population||45.71 million (2011 census) and 41,167,336 (2022 estimate)|
|Density||73.8/km2 (191.1/sq mi) (115th)|
|ISO Alpha-2 Code||UA|
|ISO Alpha-3 Code||UKR|
|ISO Numeric Code||804|
|GDP||204 billion(56th) (2022 estimate)|
|Largest highland||The Dnieper Upland|
|What is the name of the sea that separates Ukraine from Russia?||The Kerch Strait, which connects the Sea of Azov to the Black Sea.|
|Longest River||The Dnieper, at 609 miles (980 km)|
|Highest point||Hoverla Mountain, at 2,061 metres (6,762 ft)|
|Lowest point||Kuyalnik Estuary, at −5 metres (−16 ft)|
|Largest lake||Lake Yalpuh, at 149 sq km (57.53 sq mi)|
|Internet TLD||.ua & .укр|
Provinces Of UkraineUkraine is divided into 24 provinces (oblast), 1 autonomous republic and 2 municipalities.
|24 Oblast||1 Autonomous republic |
2 Cities with special status
|Cherkasy||Khmelnytskyi||Rivne||Autonomous Republic of Crimea|
|Chernihiv||Kyiv||Sumy||City of Kyiv (municipalities)|
|Chernivtsi||Kirovohrad||Ternopil||City of Sevastopol (municipalities)|
Largest Cities in Ukraine (by Population)
Ukraine has a population of around 41.2 million inhabitants, Ukraine has 5 cities with more than a million people, Kyiv is the most populous city in the country.
|S.N||City name||City name (in Ukrainian)||Subdivision||Population (2021)|
|8||Kryvyi Rih||Кривий Ріг||Dnipropetrovsk Oblast||612,750|
Distance from Ukraine to Neighbouring Countries
- Distance from Ukraine to Belarus is 634 kilometers.
- Distance from Ukraine to Slovakia is 847 kilometers.
- Distance from Ukraine to Romania is 542 kilometers
- Distance from Ukraine to Hungary is 884 kilometers.
- Distance from Ukraine to Moldova is 235 kilometers.
- Distance between Kiev and Russia is 4532 kilometers (2816 miles).
Driving Distance from Kiev, Ukraine to Other European Cities
- Kiev to Moscow, Russia 851 km (529 miles).
- Kiev to Paris, France 2404 km (1494 miles).
- Kiev to Bucharest, Romania 918 km (571 miles).
- Kiev to Warsaw, Poland is 780 kilometers (485 miles).
- Kiev to Budapest, Hungary is 1119 kilometers (695 miles).
- Kiev to Bratislava, Slovakia is 1327 kilometers (825 miles).
- Kiev to London, UK is 2415 kilometers (1500 miles).
- Kiev to Berlin, Germany is 1341 kilometers (833 miles).
- Kiev to Chisinau, Moldava is 476 kilometers (296 miles).
- Kiev to Rome, Italy is 2362 kilometers (1468 miles).
- Kiev to Madrid, Spain is 3684 kilometers (2289 miles).
- Kiev to Minsk, Belarus is 529 kilometers (329 miles).
Best Places to Visit in the Ukraine
Ukraine offers a lot of attractions for the seekers of pleasure and for the people who would like to explore natural beauty and appreciate it in the world. The country is known for celebrating festivals, rich culture and a few centuries old architecture.
Some of the must visit places in Ukraine are as follows
1. The Holy Dormition Kyiv Caves Lavra, 2. Odessa National Academic Opera and Ballet Theater, 3. Old Town, 4. Gorky Central Park, 5. Deribasovskaya Street, 6. Lviv City Hall, 7. Lychakiv Cemetery, 8. Rynok Square, 9. Rodina Mat (Motherland), 10. Lviv National Opera, 11. Secrets of Underground Odessa Museum,12. Andreyevskiy Spusk, 13. Menorah Center, 14. Odessa Passage, 15. Khortitsa National Nature Reserve, 16. Sofiyivka Park, 17. Odessa Delphinarium Nemo, 18. Shevchenko City Garden, 19. Faeton Retro Cars Museum, 20. Saint Sophia Cathedral, 21. Nikolaev Zoo, 22. Park Shcherbakova, 23. Primorsky Boulevard, 24. Probiy Waterfall, 25. Khreshchatyk.
Russia-Ukraine War: Which Country support Ukraine
The European countries of NATO - Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, the United Kingdom, and the United States have come out in full support of Ukraine.